Replicating Machine Associations from an existing Delivery Group to a new Delivery Group
An interesting question arose on the Citrix Support Forums around machine associations prompting this post since the process to do so is not immediately obvious.
There is a built-in function in Studio to achieve this functionality.
You simply export the associations to a CSV file using Citrix Studio providing a convenient way to allow you to edit associations before re-importing to a new delivery.
1. Navigate to Studio\Delivery Groups
2. Right click Delivery Group > Edit delivery group
3. Click Machine allocation tab on the left
4. Click Export list
5. Enter a <file name> > Click Save
6. Create the new Delivery Group and add the clients from the new machine catalog
7. Right click the New delivery group > Edit
8. Click Machine allocation tab on the left
9. Click Import list..
10. Select the file you exported in step 4
11. Click Apply
Your clients will now have users re-assigned to machines.